Backup utility script to perform daily backups of:
SVN (via HotCopy, then compress) UberSVN Jenkins
- Hotcopy or backup the above to /tmp
- Zip the contents of /tmp with datetime stamp
- Copy the contents to backup (another) server for remote backup
- Uses Gmail to send status (completion/error) email
Eventually, an in place Grandfather-Father-Son incremental/full backup scheme, would be ideal.
Update the values in svnbackup.py to:
TEMP_DIR = r'tmp' REPO_PATH = r'n:\svn' REPO_NAME = r'repo_name' DEPLOY_DIR = r'\\10.0.0.1\backups\svn' EMAIL_FROM = email@example.com' EMAIL_SUB = r'SVN Backup Report' BACKUPS = 7 # of daily backups to keep, purges older versions
- Separate svnbackup configuration
- Checksum verification
- Transfer/resume for remote backups. I.e., rsync.